Selling unneeded and unwanted items that you have can be a quick source of cash. Selling anything requires some effort but that effort can be rewarded handsomely if you are selling the right things. This list is by no means the final word on what to sell it is however a very good place to start. I’ve sold these items myself and can tell you that they really sell fast.
1. Computers- They don’t have to be new they can be sold to a used computer shop or online via a place like eBay. Check local computer shops or research eBay to see what’s selling or in demand. Price your item right for quick selling. Don’t forget local ads in the pennysaver.
2. Mobile Phones – Old mobile phones have a market, not everyone can afford the new ones. Again eBay is a good place to start, research the site to see what’s selling. I’m sure you have an old mobile phone lying around he house somewhere or you know someone that does. Don’t rule out international buyers on eBay.
3. Jewelry – Fine jewelry or vintage costume jewelry will bring quick cash on auction sites like Etsy and eBay. Gold jewelry can be sold for a pretty decent price now that the price of gold has skyrocketed. Be careful do your research so you can be sure you are getting a fair price. Beware of scammers.
4. Textbooks – Used textbooks and/or books on technical subjects sell well on eBay and Amazon. You may be surprised at how much some books are worth especially to international buyers. Living in a college town could give you both a source and a market for used textbooks. Try half.com as another sales outlet.
5. Musical Instruments – Still have that old high school band instrument lying around the house? Turn it in to cash, list on Craigslist or eBay it is sure to sell. Always research before listing to determine value. Depending on age and condition some instruments have become vintage items.
This is a short list from my personal experience. There are tons of items that can be profitably sold. I’m sure other items may come to mind that you may have had selling success with. Remember this is a sharing site so chime in and let me hear from you.